A famous Gujarati Snack
• Gram flour (besan) -2 cups
• Yogurt,beaten - 1 cup
• Salt - to taste
• Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
• Green chilli-ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
• Oil - 2 tablespoons
• Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
• Soda bicarbonate - 1 teaspoon
• Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
• Fresh coriander leaves,chopped - 2 tablespoons
• Coconut,scraped - 1/2 cup
* Take gram flour in a bowl. Add yogurt and approximately one cup of warm water and mix. Avoid lumps. Add salt and mix again.
* Leave it aside to ferment for three to four hours.
* When gram flour mixture has fermented, add turmeric powder and green chilli-ginger paste.
Mix Heat the steamer.
* Grease a thali. In a small bowl take lemon juice, soda bicarbonate, one teaspoon of oil and mix.
* Add it to the batter and whisk briskly.
* Pour batter into the greased thali and place it in the steamer.
* Cover with the lid and steam for ten minutes. When a little cool, cut into squares and keep in a serving bowl/plate.
* Heat remaining oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds. When the seeds begin to crackle, remove and pour over the dhoklas. Serve, garnished with chopped coriander leaves and scraped coconut.
Recipe source :khana khazana
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 4 Preparation Time: 2-4 hours