* Powdered milk - 2 Tbsp
* Vegetable oil - 3 Tbsp
* Melted butter - 2 Tbsp
* Warm milk - 1/2 cup
* Instant yeast - 1 1/2 Tsp
* Sugar - 2 Tbsp
* Salt - 1/2 Tsp
* Baking powder - 1 Tsp
* Any type of cheese cut into small squares or balls
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, powdered milk, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. Mix in the yeast, vegetable oil, butter and enough warm milk to form a soft dough.
3. Knead for 8-10 minutes. The dough will be smooth in texture. Cover and set aside for 1 hour or until it doubles in size .
Brush the baking pan with oil or butter.
4. Punch it down, and break off tiny bits of dough. (You should get about 40 tiny pieces out of this.) Take each piece of dough, and stretch it out with your fingers, then add a small piece of cheese in its center. Bring the edges together and form a ball so that the cheese is completely enclosed within the dough. Place in your baking tray and cover for another 30-40 minutes it will double in size.
5. Brush the bread with egg and milk brush all over the bread
6. Preheat the oven to 180 C and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the bread is nice and golden on top.
7. Remove from oven and immediately pour the cooled simple syrup over the buns. Cover the buns with foil and allow to cool to room temperature, about 20-30 minutes.